Library Advocacy in Action
- Canadian Library Association. CLA at Work. Advocacy. http://www.cla.ca/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Advocacy&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=14092
- Save the Troy Library Adventures in Reverse Psychology http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYOdL_j0mQI
Library Sector AdvocacyToolkit Information
- AASL: American Association of School Librarians. Toolkits. http://www.ala.org/aasl/aaslissues/toolkits/toolkits
- ALA Advocacy, Legislation & Interests Group: Frontline Advocacy ToolKit http://www.ala.org/advocacy/advleg/advocacyuniversity/frontline_advocacy
- ALA Advocacy, Legislation & Interests Group: Fact Sheets http://www.ala.org/advocacy/advleg/advocacyuniversity/advclearinghouse/factsheets
- ALA Office for Library Advocacy. (2008). Library Advocate’s Handbook: who are library Advocates. http://www.ala.org/offices/sites/ala.org.offices/files/content/ola/2008lah.pdf
- ALA. Public Library Association. Turning the Page Online http://www.ala.org/pla/education/turningthepage
- ALA. United for Libraries: Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations. Citizens-Save-Libraries Power Guide. http://www.ala.org/united/
- ALA. United for Libraries: Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations. Grants & Awards: Neal-Schuman Foundation Grants. http://www.ala.org/united/grants_awards/neal-schuman
- CLA. Canadian Library Association. Canadian Associations of Public Libraries. (2011). Library Advocacy Now! A Training Program For Public Library Staff and Trustees http://www.cla.ca/divisions/caplLibraryAdvocacyNow.pdf
- CLA. Canadian Library Association. Grassroots Advocacy Summer Bulletin Meet With Your Local Member of Parliament (MP) Today! http://www.cla.ca/Content/NavigationMenu/CLAatWork/Advocacy/CLA_Summer_Bulletin-Grassroots_Key_Messages-July2011.pdf
- INASP: International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications. Library Advocacy http://www.inasp.info/file/f920fc502cdb0da3408197b4cc047fc4/library-advocacy.html
- Ontario First Nation Public Library. Advocacy ToolKit offered by the Ontario First Nation Public Library Strategic Plan Liaison Committee http://www.ourwayforward.ca/Downloads/First_Nation_Advocay_Kit.pdf
Non-library Sector Advocacy ToolKits
- Activist ToolKit sponsored by the Douglas.Caldwell Foundation offered by Rabble.ca http://rabble.ca/toolkit
- Advocacy ToolKit: a guide to influencing decisions that improve children's lives sponsored and offered by UNICEF http://www.unicef.org/evaluation/files/Advocacy_Toolkit.pdf
- In particular, Chapter 3: Developing an Advocacy Strategy looked very useful with reference to our current need.
- Advocacy Toolkit: guideance on how to advocate for a more enabling environment for civil society in your context offered by Open Forum for CSO Development Effectiviness http://www.cso-effectiveness.org/IMG/pdf/120110-of-advocacy_toolkit-en-web-2.pdf
- In particular, Section 3 page 22 appears to provide guidance on strategic plannin with reference to advocacy (much like the UNICEF document).
- Avner, Marcia. (2001). The Lobbying and Advocacy Handbook for Nonprofit Organizations: shaping public policy at the state and local level. Saint Paul, Minn.: Amherst H. Wilder Foundation.
- Broadbent, Alan and Omidvar, Ratna (Eds). (2011). Five Good Ideas: practical strategies for non-profit success. Toronto: Coach House Books.
- Caywood, Clarke L. (ed.). (2012). The Handbook of Strategic Public Relations and Integrated Marketing Communications 2nd Edi.. Toronto: McGraw Hill.
- Daly, John A. (2011). Advocacy: championing ideas & influencing others. New Haven, Connecticut: Yale University Press.
- Kapin, Allyson and Sample Ward, Amy. (2013). Social Change Anytime Everywhere: How to implement online multichannel strategies to spark advocacy, raise money, and engage your community. New York: Wiley.
- Thenell, Jan. (2004). The Library's Crisis Communications Planner: The PR Guide for Handling Every Emergency. Chicago: American Library Association.
- Potter, Ned. (2012). The Library Marketing Toolkit. London: Facet Publishing.